With so much to choose from right here at Dunbrody House it can be difficult to drag yourself away but we have a multitude of places to visit, ruins to explore, coastal adventures and 14 beaches to discover here on the Hook Peninsula. These are the Top 10 as compiled by your Hostess Catherine Dundon:
1. Wine & Dine at Dunbrody Definitely treat yourself to some of Kevin Dundon’s fabulous food in the Harvest Room Restaurant but remember too to try the Beer-Battered Fish & Chips in the Local at Dunbrody (our very own traditional Irish pub within the estate of the hotel);
2. Bake Brown Bread and Scones at Dunbrody House – for guests staying with us you can take part in our daily bake of traditional brown bread and scones at 7am; Only if you don’t plan on taking advantage of our breakfast served til Noon each day of course!
3. Detox in the Spa at Dunbrody - let Laura and her team cocoon you in the comfort of our boutique spa where Aromatherapy Assoicates treatmaents will have you feelin gas good as new in no time! There are some great offfers available and our favourite at the moment is definitely the Scrub Up for Summer. Make sure to book prior to arrival as space is limited.
4. Sip champagne, nibble a canape, watch the sun set and listen to the evening birdsong on the terrace at Dunbrody…Heaven;
5. Visit The Hook Lighthouse – Dating back to the 5th Century this is the oldest lighthouse in Europe and a fantastic place to blow away the cobwebs. You will feel totally energised after a visit to the tip of the Peninsula where the sea air is like Nature’s Spa. The tour of the lighthouse provides not only fabulous views but a great interactive visitor experience too. The cliff walk from the Lighthouse to Slade Castle is wonderful too. Try to fit in their sunrise or sunset tour if you’re looking for some amazing photos. It’s a great spot for star gazing as well.
6. Trail in Tintern Abbey – Founded around 1200 by William Marshal, the Greatest Knight, the abbey and grounds provide not only a spectacular backdrop but some fabulous woodland trails and a fully restored Colclough Walled Garden where you can discover all the heirloom varieties of seasonal fruits, vegetables, herbs and flowers. There’s a couple of different trails 2km, 5km and 8km. By offering a donation in the Walled Garden Barbara will give you a bag of whatever fruit/vegetables has been harvested that day.
7. Beaches of the Hook Peninsula – we love our little fishing villages and great choice of beaches & coves where you can explore wide sandy beaches, dramatic coves & sea caves surrounded by cliffs, whale & dolphin watching … year round. The more adventurous can take to the sea with Kite Surfing or Sea Kayaking around the Hooks caves (try a private sunset tour)
8. Carve your own chair or wood spirit at Bevel Woodworking School (small groups of 4/5 can book this privately too) Contact Tommy Kelly 086 823 2180
9. Design your own rug at Ceadogan Owner Denis prides himself in the quality and craftsmanship of his designer rugs using only the finest materials for his product. From the favourite 100% pure New Zealand wool, to luscious silks and exotic bamboos, they have a vast and diverse selection of raw materials for creating a unique texture. Every Ceadogán rug is individually tailored to suit our clients’ personal specifications; from design and materials to colour choices and dimensions (as seen here at Dunbrody House too!) but you can create your very own design as well.
10. Crystal in Waterford City – one of the oldest cities in Ireland guests can enjoy the Viking Triangle and all the treasures such as the Viking Museum, Reginalds Tower, the old city walls…. Some great shopping to be had too not just in Waterford Crystal.
|If you go down to the woods today....you'll find our gorgeous cosy cabin tucked away in the woodland. The perfect way to get back to nature where the only noise comes from the Dawn & Dusk Chorus, where you can slip into the Twilight while relaxing on your terrace with a couple of Sundowner Cocktails from Room Service and enjoy the benefits of a complete Digital Detox too.||
Click here to check availability
|Live Like a Lord (or a lady!) To the Manor Born at Dunbrody - Live like a Lord for 2 days in 1800s Dunbrody House...Georgian architecture meets modern luxury with this 2 day package which includes a Classic Afternoon Tea, dinner in the Harvest Room Restaurant from our Summer Seasonal Menu and champagne breakfast in bed til Noon on one morning.||
Available throughout the year. Click HERE to book
Escape to the Country - nothing beats 2 nights getaway to the stunning Hook Peninsula & Dunbrody Country House & Estate especially when it includes a dinner on one night from Kevin Dundon's kitchen! Treat yourself to a well-earned break of relaxation, pampering and indulgence. You've definitely earned it
|Available throughout the year. Click HERE to book|
|Love Is 24 hours of indulgence at Dunbrody House throughout the Autumn & Winter. From €235 pps The perfect treat for someone you love. Love Is package includes:
- Accommodation in one of Dunbrody's luxury rooms or suites, Breakfast til Noon next day.
- Dinner for Two from the Harvest Room Seasonal Menu
- Choice of Dunbrody Full Body Massage or Signature Facial (one treatment per person)
Sundays & Midweek Click HERE to book
|The Lodge at Dunbrody - For the perfect family break the original steaward's house at Dunbrody House offers all the perks of being in the main house but with loads of space for kids of all ages too. Sleeping up to six you have the option of self-catering or let us look after all your dining needs. Minimum two night stay.||Click HERE to check availability|
|Yummy Mummies - We love all the Yummy Mummies & Mums to Be here at Dunbrody and we have the perfect treat for your Yummy Mummy - either the Foodie option or the Beauty option both starting at €265 pps to book either as a stay or as a Voucher Package includes 1 night's Dinner, B&B and a choice of any one of the following:- One Day Cookery School OR Aromatherapy Associates Rose Facial with Indian Head & Neck Massage||
Throughout the month of June Click HERE to book Also available as a Gift Voucher